Following the ban of 59 Chinese apps by the Indian government on June 30th, many users are left looking for alternatives to their favorite apps, including CamScanner, the popular business card scanner; and by the looks of things, CamCard may be next in line.
If you are looking for the best CamScanner and CamCard alternatives for business card scanning, we have put together a list for you.
Business card scanner solution as alternative to CamCard & CamScanner
The Business Card Scanner by Covve, is the world’s most accurate AI-powered card scanner and with 4.9/5 rating on the app store it needed to be at the top of our list. As the name suggests Covve Scan is brought to you by the team behind Covve, the smartest contacts app, meaning that accuracy and quality are guaranteed. The app allows you to easily scan, add to contacts, access and share business cards right from your phone.
Covve Scan Features:
- Accurately scan business cards using AI powered image reading
- Recognizes over 40 languages
- Easily add notes, tags and location
- Organize and search on an intuitive and powerful interface
- Add to contacts at a tap of a button
- Quickly export to Excel, Outlook or Google Contacts
- It’s private,as Covve’s terms and tech protect your data
Download Covve Scan for iOS or Android and get a free trial today!
Scan documents solution as alternative to CamScanner
1. Adobe Scan
Adobe Scanner is another popular document scanning app that can be used as a CamScanner alternative. Adobe Scan by Adobe is a PDF scanner that recognizes text automatically thanks to its optical character recognition functionality (OCR). The app allows you to scan different types of documents, including business cards and turn them into an Adobe PDF.
Adobe Scan Features:
- Identifies and sharpens handwritten or printed text
- Allows you to edit scanned documents
- Saves the information from a scanned business card to your contacts.
- Scans are stored in Adobe Document Cloud so you can easily access and share them from wherever you are
2. Microsoft Office Lens
Another CamScanner alternative is the popular document scanner Microsoft Office Lens, which of course, comes from Microsoft. Like the aforementioned apps, this scanner is available for both Android and iOS devices. The app allows you to digitize different document types, including business cards, and easily access and share them from anywhere.
Microsoft Office Lens Features:
- Convert images to PDF, Word and PowerPoint files
- Save images to OneNote or OneDrive
- Trims and enhances scans to make them readable
- Scan business cards, and save the information to your contact list and OneNote. However, at the moment this works best with English, German, Spanish and Simplified Chinese
These are our recommendations for the best business card scanner apps you can use as a CamScanner alternative,especially since the app has been banned in India. You might even find that some of them have more to offer and will give your productivity a greater boost. It is now up to you to download and find the one that works best for you!
Updated on 07 Dec 2020.