You might have heard that you never get a second chance at a first impression. During networking, you will naturally ask questions to get desired information about the target. It, therefore, goes without saying that you need to ask clever networking questions. If they don’t tick the boxes, your networking attempt can hit a snag. In this article, we take you through some clever networking questions to make a great first impression.
Pro tip: Try to stay clear of small talk, and ask engaging questions that benefit all parties!
Get to Know People
One of the debut questions when networking with new people is asking to know them. Knowing someone is not just about the name but rather a collection of useful information about them. You may want to know their job, title, career path, or projects they are working on among others. Some of the plausible questions include:
- What kind of projects are you working on now?
- How long have you been working on your project?
- What is your favorite part of your project?
- Tell me about your career path. What motivated you?
Questions to Ask About Their Organization
Perhaps knowing about their organization will help you understand their experience, goals, competition, and challenges they face in their organization. Some of the ideal questions to ask about their organization include:
- What is the culture of your company like?
- Where is your company located?
- How long have you been in your company?
- What is the most challenging experience in your organization?
- What kind of perks does your company offer?
Knowing the target’s field is crucial to understanding what they bring on board. Here, you want to know about the type of career, interests, inspirations, and career motivation etc. The questions you would ask include:
- What inspired you to choose your career?
- Did you dream of this type of career?
- What is the most challenging part of your career?
- What is the best advice that you can give to those who want a similar career?
- What skills do you require to succeed in your career?
Productivity questions can be of great importance because attaching productivity to someone is a sign of development appreciation. Some of the suitable questions include:
- What tools do you use to improve your productivity?
- How do you prioritize tasks?
- What is the best advice that you received and massively transformed your productivity?
- What type of communication platforms do you use?
The Wrap Up
Now that you have found a platform to ask questions and created a good first impression, you need to keep that relationship active and ticking. This means a dedicated relationship management tool is what separates you and your network. Fortunately, the Covve app is that amazing networking application for you. With this app, you can engage, manage, and intelligently connect within your contact list. Besides, you can scan business cards and digitalize them in no time.