Who we are
Launched in 2014, Covve is a professional contacts management platform, that is revolutionizing the way people manage their contacts network and professional relationships.
Our team is 14 people strong and we are growing rapidly, backed by San Francisco investors, the National Bank of Greece and private investors.
Our platform has users in more than 130 countries, multiple patents and is the most advanced offering in the market.
Covve Athens HQ is looking for its next passionate, highly skilled and driven Software Engineer.
- Someone as excited about developing modern, maintainable and scalable software as we are.
- Wants to be part of a team of highly skilled, confident, thoughtful people who are enthusiastic about building quality software, following best practices, working together to achieve great things never done before.
- Wants to level up their skills, both technical and soft.
- Has the desire to work in a startup environment – things move extremely fast and each person is making a difference in the company’s future.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
You bring to the table
Whoever joins our team is here for the long run. As such we invest a lot of effort in finding the best match, which means you are guaranteed to find professional, motivated, self-driven individuals, great team-players, sharp problem solvers who feel great pride and ownership on what they create. From your side you’ll bring:
- A desire to constantly learn and constantly improve. New technologies is our business as usual.
- Solid foundations in Software Engineering – data structures, algorithms and architecture.
- Confident in at least one programming language.
- Desire to constantly learn and improve. We use a lot of new technologies and we are daily innovating our field.
- Hands on. Passionate. Driven. Creative. You get things done and done right. “Can-do” attitude.
- Team player goes without saying.
- A love for technology. Tinkering with software, hacking around, pet projects, GitHub contributions, Arduino experiments, involvement in the engineering community or anything that demonstrates that you live and breathe technology.
We go to great lengths to create an exceptional, safe environment for exceptional people. We aim to attract the very best and keep you excited, productive and challenged! Specifically:
- The opportunity to be part of a business that can be huge on a global scale. We’re aiming very high.
- A place where you can feel safe to grow, your opinion counts, everything is up for discussion, there are no bad ideas and we’re willing to get creative and take risks.
- Working in a team that is small but exceptional, with each person having a major impact on the end product and our customers. What you do will matter.
- We use some of the latest technologies, have lodged multiple patents and have innovation at the heart of what we do.
- We do things properly. We take continuous integration and testing seriously, we use data to make decisions and follow best practices. We are so proud of how we do things that we often blog about it.
- We invest in you as you are here for the long run: sponsored conferences abroad, pet project days, personal learning budget, access to multiple paid online learning resources, in-house training sessions, to name a few.
- We make sure our people are happy to be creative: well-designed offices, personalized workstation setup, office Pilates (optional), excellent personal health insurance, office fruit and premium espresso.
- We know that each person performs best in different circumstances. As such, we are flexible to make sure you can perform to the best of your ability. Among other things this means flexible working hours to let you balance work, life, family and fun.
How to apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A copy or link to your CV.
- A link to a project you've done in the past and are especially proud of. This could be a link to the product/service itself, the website or github repo. Please also provide a short description of what this is.
- Please provide the average grade you achieved in your degree as well as your grades in your 3 best courses (and any others you're especially proud of). If you haven't finished your degree please provide the average grade of all courses completed to-date, your best 3 courses and please specify how many courses you have remaining.